Due to an internal promotion we are now actively recruiting for a Trading Manager to join the River Cruise team. The role of Trading Manager is fundamental to the overall performance and profitability of the TUI River Cruises product. You will be responsible for managing the initial brochure pricing, sales forecasting, channel performance and ongoing trading activity through to customers sailing gives exposure to, and responsibility for, the full end-to-end sales process.
With strong growth expected in the river cruise market over the next 5 years and exciting news coming soon about the fleet this is definitely a great time to join the River Cruise Trading team.
The team are based in Luton, but at TUI we believe work is something you do not somewhere you go. Therefore, we are happy to offer flexible working arrangements for this role and the successful candidate will work a blend of office and home-working. In line with their team charter the successful candidate will be expected to attend the office approx 2-3 times each month, this enables the team to work collaboratively and take part in onsite meetings.
How The Job
- The Trading Manager will play a key role in the commercial performance of the cruise programme for the fleet with the aim of maximising profitability, working with the Senior Commercial Manager to maximise profit through sound pricing and ongoing trading activity.
- With responsibility for initial season pricing: understand the cost base; complete competitor analysis; monitor trends in the industry and wider geo-political and economic events; understand both opportunities and challenges that might impact future plans and pricing strategy.
- With responsibility for ongoing trading: continually monitor sales and manage prices and promotions to achieve the targets set for all seasons on sale. Engage with and influence retail, e-commerce and marketing colleagues, 3rd party agents, the customer experience team and others to market and promote river cruises and seek out further business opportunities, such as group and overseas sales.
- Closely manage flight seats, in conjunction with the Scheduled Aviation and Dynamic teams, to ensure an optimum mix, and use, of committed and dynamic options, minimising commitment cost / risk.
- Forecasting / sales plans – using strong analytical and commercial skills, produce volume and price forecast targets by season and work closely with finance colleagues to ensure accurate and appropriate MI reports that enable effective analysis and decision making.
- Take responsibility for inventory and selling systems and lead the Cruise Commercial Executive to ensure itinerary and flying information is accurate at all times. As an effective communicator, engage colleagues and partners to inform of our programme and plans, and oversee programme changes to provide up-to-date information to customers in a timely manner.
- Take the lead in implementing cruise specific developments, working with product owners and others to influence priorities and ensure continuous development that will reflect the strategic direction of the cruise business.
- As an experienced manager, lead a highly performing team in a way that motivates and develops them to deliver targeted results. Encourage staff development and coach team members to develop and progress in their role, empowering them to make decisions with the necessary check points in place.
- Being flexible and adaptable and as part of a small team, assist others and complete tasks outside of their direct responsibilities as and when required. Deputise for the Senior Commercial Manager whenever necessary to lead or input at meetings and represent the wider team at trade fairs and other relevant cruise events.
- Pricing / trading experience ideally at management level within the travel industry
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Understanding of cruise product
- Knowledge of back-office and selling systems preferable
- Ability to successfully manage a team and influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- A team player who can build strong cross team/divisional relationships
- Strong initiative and decision-making ability