As a new organisation HMCTS is embarking on a period of significant change. Strong leadership is a critical element in this being successful. As a manager within HMCTS the jobholder must provide clear direction and focus, visibly championing the changes which deliver greater efficiencies. The Regional Delivery Directors expect all managers in the clusters to operate in a culture of openness and honesty, demonstrating a commitment to change through involvement and empowerment, and by delivering results.
The key purpose of the role is to
- Support the Cluster Manager and Cluster Operations manager by being responsible for managing functions within the cluster.
- Deliver a consistent and customer focussed service
- Ensure effective deployment of resources to meet operational needs.
- Ensure the delivery of cluster performance management objectives.
- Act as Responsible Officer as required.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the judiciary, supporting agencies, voluntary and user groups. Working with agencies to improve the level of service offered to users.
- Provide direction and close support to local managers, setting local priorities which are consistent with the business plan
- Lead Staff Forums as part of employee engagement activities to effect good working relationships with staff and to improve service delivery and staff morale / motivation
- Ensure that team targets are met and resources are managed to deliver highly effective performance.
- Identify process improvements, understanding and managing associated risks; building on team strengths to deliver business outcomes.
- Ensure that Governance, risk management registers and contingency plans are in place and updated annually/monthly.
- Ensuring compliance with HMCTS values, policies and procedures (including diversity, attendance and discipline, HMCTS Assurance Programme).
- Ensure that local training needs are identified, assessed and training is delivered.
- Perform Responsible Officer duties. This may include any of the following activities:
Identify and implement solutions to local problems
Ensuring IT/Workstation compliance at all times
Ensure compliance with health and safety requirements
Ensuring Risk Assessments take place at appropriate times
Maintenance of an up to date Asset Register
Ensure any issues regarding level of service for Estates Facilities Management are escalated to MoJ Estates
Constructively manage complaints within set timescales, and ensure corrective action taken where necessary.
- LEAN principles, tools and techniques to working practices to improve efficiency of operations.