We have and exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join us within the financial planning & accounting team. As one of our Finance Managers you’ll produce timely and insightful monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc financial analyses for a wide variety of senior stakeholders, and to improve the control framework and general oversight within Finance.
You’ll be working on reports and data for the CFO, Banco Santander, the Statutory Accounts and Investor Relations. You’ll be required to co-ordinate, challenge and collate data for senior stakeholders and external publication, and so will require a good understanding of the commercial drivers behind the information you’re consolidating.
If you are someone who’s performed a similar role already, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career.
The difference you’ll make.
- Overseeing and engaging in the production of monthly management reports of Santander UK results for submission to the senior management in Finance and to the Board and Executive Committees.
- Analysing the monthly and quarterly results including against Budget and Forecast as well as Trend Analysis
- Proactively managing relationships with internal customers, suppliers and stakeholders to ensure that a high quality integrated service is provided
- Managing more junior members of staff within the team, providing structure, support and feedback on their deliverables, outputs and progression
- Improving the control framework of source data and looking to make processes more efficient and implementing policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure best practice with business objectives
- Identifying and implementing MI efficiency and output improvements
What you’ll bring.
- Strong commercial or technical accountant experience with the ability to challenge data
- Commercial awareness and knowledge of Financial, Capital and liquidity ratios
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables). Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase or a similar finance system is desirable
- Excellent communication skills and ability to proactively engage with different stakeholders to meet tight deadlines
- Previous experience of managing people
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to understand and work data
What else you need to know.
This is a full-time permanent position offering Flexible working between home and the office
How we’ll reward you.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our share plans