As Highways Works Programmer, you’ll be working within the Construction team, supporting them in cascading the programme to all key stakeholders involved or impacted by the schemes projects as well as checking that the appropriate road space is in place.
Your day to day will include:
- Create, maintain and adapt programmes of works using Microsoft Project
- Drive programme efficiencies and opportunities wherever possible, attending regular meetings with the client on a weekly basis providing updates on the integrated works programme
- Liaising with Project Managers, Designers and the Commercial Team to ensure smooth delivery of the programme.
- Ensuring compliance with current Construction (Design Management) Regulations and compliance with noticing procedures under the Traffic Management Act
- Ensure that key business targets and KPI’s are met and wherever possible exceeded, highlight any potential problems that are identified at an early stage and plans initiated to mitigate risk, making sure works are undertaken in compliance with the company’s Integrated Management System and that the policies of Kier are adhered to and legislative requirements met
Who are we looking for?
This role of Highways Works Programmer is great for you if you can:
- Show experience in the delivery of civil engineering projects and highways maintenance works with the ability to understand statutory obligations relating to working on the public highway
- Produce a full driving licence
- Use Microsoft Excel & Project at an advanced level with working knowledge of Construction (Design Management) regulations
We’re all about finding potential here at Kier, and transferable skills are always welcome! So even if you don’t tick every box, please apply and we can have a chat. We want to hear from candidates from all backgrounds and experiences, and we especially encourage those from underrepresented communities to get in touch with us.