American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organisation. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG Life Limited in the U.K. (AIG Life UK) is wholly owned subsidiary of Corebridge Financial, Inc.
Get to know the business
Life and Retirement is a unique franchise that brings together a broad portfolio of life insurance, retirement and institutional products offered through an extensive, multichannel distribution network. It holds longstanding, leading market positions in many of the markets it serves in the U.S.
About the role
What you need to know:
- AIG Life has a paperless application process and as such are totally reliant on their ability to deliver a high quality e-commerce platform to market. Technology and application development in particular is therefore core to the success of the company.
- You will be joining a passionate community of technologists that have designed, built and continue to develop and support the life insurance platform for a leading insurance company. The team structure is relatively flat and every team member is encouraged to contribute to the design, development and continual improvement of all aspects of the platform.
In this role, you will:
- Network and communicate with senior stakeholders across organisations
- Designs complex software applications, components and modules, using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed software design standards, guidelines, patterns and methodology
- Takes technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software development
- Measures and monitors applications of project/team standards for software construction, including software security and automation.
- Contributes to the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for software development
- Inspire other across technology and help them understand how to deliver the goals of the organisation
- Communicating between the technical and non-technical. You can mediate between people and mend relationships, communicating with stakeholders at all levels. Governance and assurance. You can understand how technical governance works with wider governance (such as budget). You can assure corporate services by understanding important risks and mitigating them through assurance mechanisms.
- Making and guiding decisions. You can make and justify decisions characterised by high levels of risk, impact and complexity. You can build consensus between organisations (private or public) or highly independent and diverse stakeholders.
- Technical delivery responsibility, supporting/removing blockers and helping teams perform and deliver at their best, whilst influencing and shaping the business strategy.
- Understanding the whole context. You can understand trends and practices outside your organisation and how these will affect your work. You support the sharing of external insights across the teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Pro-active individual who shows initiative & takes responsibility for their own decisions
- Good team-player who encourages feedback & is able to delegate & seek help when appropriate
- Effective & well-presented communicator both verbally & in writing
- Analytical, adaptable, problem-solver who is able to quickly & accurately identify key issues
- Innovator who will thrive in a dynamic environment & embraces change
- Hands on experience of being part of agile teams
- Professional & discreet operator focused on stakeholder needs