The advertised role is an 18-month fixed term contract and will play a major role in developing Santander’s SAR’s and Nominated Officer MI capability. This role will focus on the risk related MI and will allow the Nominated Officer and MLRO to understand the risk profile within the external SARs disclosed.
The role will be integral to supporting other teams within the Nominated Office including the QA team through ad-hoc queries and developing monthly recurring MI.
The main focus will be developing reports from the Nominated Office and SAR Unit’s MI tool, MicroStrategy, with some necessity to adapt queries using SQL to ensure accuracy.
The difference you’ll make.
- Actively demonstrates cross team collaboration, sharing learning and best practices to contribute to overall team effectiveness.
- Assumes and promotes personal ownership and responsibility.
- Acts decisively and fosters confidence.
- Proactively develops and facilitates effective business relationships, across relevant areas of the group, and with peers, managers, directors within the Santander UK business.
- Ensure good customer outcomes are achieved consistently across all business areas responsible for.
- Makes appropriate recommendations on the MI, data, systems and procedures being reviewed.
What you’ll bring.
- Experience of using and developing queries within the MicroStrategy MI system and/or SQL
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory framework of UK financial services, industry trends and best practice
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Ability to apply commerciality and judgement from a regulatory perspective to internal and market information.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate complex issues and exercise sound judgement to determine appropriate actions, solutions and recommendations.
- Excellent data and other analytical, interpretation, influencing and communication skills; with an ability to communicate and network effectively to influence management and external parties.
- Experience of working in AML/TF in Advisory, Intelligence and Operational roles across financial services and/or Law Enforcement, within the MLR, POCA & TACT Compliance and SARs-reporting contexts.