This role will be split between two Operations Managers, each one will be responsible for specific areas. They will be required to learn all aspects of the role to provide support in absences and busy periods. We are looking for someone who will lead and manage a team of Officers and Administrators, to deliver end to end processes for all Registration business functions including excellent customer service. This will include championing continuous improvement, identifying and implementing process enhancements, management and allocation of work. In leading the team, you will provide support, guidance and direction whilst ensuring performance levels are in line with KPIs and internal SLAs. The Registration Team is busy and customer facing, with high volumes of applications and customer queries to manage. This involves supporting our registrants and providing guidance to the general public and stakeholders. There are stretching objectives and KPIs around providing excellent customer service and very high levels of accuracy and responsiveness, whilst ensuring public protection remains our overall priority.
The job requires effective management of the GOC register ensuring best practice in registration management, continual improvements to public protection and compliance with all statutory obligations and regulations.
Your work and behaviours will demonstrate our key values:
- We act with integrity
- We pursue excellence
- We respect other people and ideas
- We show empathy
- We behave fairly
- We are agile and responsive to change
- Lead, manage and support a team of officers and administrators, to deliver end to end processes for all business functions within the department and within budget. Ensuring these are delivered within set KPI’s, agreed accuracy, quality, and timeliness targets to meet the GOC statutory and legal obligations.
- The job holder will be responsible to lead and deliver on all aspects of renewal processes. Completing all renewal cycles on time and to budget, including and not exclusive to producing a communication plan, reviewing payment queries, refunds and is a point of escalation for any types of issues, complex queries and complaints received. Ensuring these are investigated thoroughly with a lessons learned discussion (if applicable).
- The individual will need to take responsibility for stakeholder relationships internally and externally, including attending meetings and providing feedback, (e.g. with international application assessors, ABDO and the College of Optometrists (for matters relating to international applications).
- The job holder will lead and co-ordinate the quality assurance framework for the department including review and continuous improvement of this area of work. Provide management and individual feedback within set SLA’s. Including leading and discussing with the team to ensure improvements are made (where needed) and errors minimised.
- The job holder will lead and/or contribute where necessary on projects designed to improve the overall stakeholder experience and acting as support to the Head of Registration when required.
- Deputise for the HoR when required and provide management information, statistics (e.g. other regulators, PSA, other government bodies) and reports on ongoing process performance, to highlight opportunities and risks. This includes maintenance of data/statistics using CRM database and leading or providing support on audits.
- The person will be required to develop, own, current and new operating procedures. Review these throughout, identify improvements and, undertake steps to implement these to ensure that customer service and the efficiency of the team continues to be maximised.
- Other duties as required.