To provide lab assistant services and facilitate research activities at the Adaptive Learning Psychology and Neuroscience Lab (Dr Lei Zhang) and the Motivation and Social Neuroscience Lab (Dr Matthew Apps). These include, but not limited to, helping with ethical approval, finance administration, participant recruitment and testing, and contributing to the writing of manuscripts for publication.
Please include a copy of your academic CV, as well a maximum 2-page cover letter outlining your motivation for applying for this position and fit to the position’s selection criteria.
- Work within specified research grants and/or projects
- Operate within area of specialism
- Administrative duties including expenses, ethical approval, website and lab meeting organisation
- Contribute to publications
- Assist lab members in their research activities
- Collect research data; this may be through a variety of research methods, such as scientific experimentation, literature reviews, and research interviews
- Analyse research data as directed
- Present research outputs, including drafting academic publications or parts thereof, for example at seminars and as posters
- Develop or adapt techniques, models and methods
- Provide guidance as required to support staff and any students who may be assisting with research
- Deal with problems that may affect the achievement of research objectives and deadlines
- Carry out administrative tasks related directly to the delivery of the research
- Promotes equality and values diversity acting as a role model and fostering an inclusive working culture