At Alcon, we are driven by the meaningful work we do to help people see brilliantly. We innovate boldly, champion progress, and act with speed as the global leader in eye care. Here, you’ll be recognized for your commitment and contributions and see your career like never before. Together, we go above and beyond to make an impact in the lives of our patients and customers.
The Sales & Operations Planning Analyst is responsible for supporting the Sales and Operations Planning for the Surgical Franchise within the cluster (UK_IRE and France) through demand analysis and collaboration with local Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain teams. Please note, it is an essential requirement in this role that the applicant can speak fluent French.
We foster an inclusive culture and are looking for diverse, talented people to join Alcon. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Maintaining optimal S&OP processes in the country for assigned products; includes target setting, training, process maintenance, and tool set use to achieve an effective S&OP process.
- Demonstrating alignment to Global demand planning process.
- Fully understanding country unique needs, develop informational decks/reporting to clearly assess plans, including supporting data, analysis, and new developments in supply upsides and constraints.
- Assisting in identifying, training and supporting country representatives, demonstrating an effective and sustainable S&OP process.
- Leading unit and dollar demand forecast (including revenue and samples) review with country counterparts.
- Working alongside counterparts to align current ROFO demand forecast submission against market activities and sales trends.
- Identifying gaps between current plans and financial commitments, derive possible gap closing initiatives and highlight the risks and opportunities.
- Driving accuracy from the countries and submit on-time to Regional/Global counterparts a complete ROFO that accurately reflects the regional demand, for short- and long-term horizons.
- Applying demand control where necessary on large or abnormal orders while still striving to meet operational and customer excellence.
- Acquiring and analysing information regarding historical data, market trends, promotional activity and other events, historical or current, which impact and influence Customer Demand.
- Identifying drivers of variance in the monthly forecast.
- Analysing, reporting and improving forecast accuracy both at the detail and aggregate level to improve Customer Service and Inventory levels.
- Leading Monthly Consensus and Demand Review Meeting with Country and Regional Management.
- Ensuring optimal balance between customer service levels and inventory asset utilization through the S&OP process
What you’ll bring to Alcon:
- Fluent in English & French (essential requirement)
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree - preferably in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain or Logistics Management
- Experience in working within matrix structure within international fast paced environment
- Relevant experience in similar roles in a multinational organization
- Strong supply chain management skills including forecasting, supply planning, inventory management
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with various levels of management to deliver required outcomes
- Strong data analysis and PC skills
- Knowledge of the Medical Device Industry and healthcare environment, as a plus
- Excellent Microsoft excel skills