Your New role
National Highways have an excellent opportunity for a Service Delivery Manager to join our team based in The North Yorkshire and North East region. The role will instruct, oversee and control the delivery of maintenance and repair works across the Region, ensuring all activities, whether routine or reactive, meet the required technical, quality and safety standards with a strong focus on customer service.
What you’ll be leading on
- Proactively manage supplier performance to agreed contractual service level agreements, technical, quality and safety standards, including the investigation of breaches of service level targets and service non-availability, with the instigation of remedial activities.
- Proactively track and monitor the performance of the assigned Route(s) or contract scope, identifying performance trends, risks and issues.
- Maintain the cyclical and reactive maintenance work plans for the designated Route(s) and ensure the delivery of planned works, controlling and approving spend against the budget, in line with agreed approvals and escalation processes.
- Ensure cyclical and reactive maintenance work plans are integrated in the region’s overall programme, ensuring customer disruption can be minimised.
- Manage any changes and the impact of unplanned and emergency works on plans, ensuring risks and dependencies are understood, managed and communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage local customer engagement and communication activities, as required, working closely with Service Delivery colleagues and contractors to identify and address service delivery requests, concerns, and feedback in a timely and customer focused manner.
To be Successful
- Recognised academic qualification in a relevant highway engineering discipline.
- Proven experience in highway asset maintenance decision making, with good supplier management experience along with strong planning and project delivery skills.
- Good understanding of health and safety legislation and practices for works on high-speed roads.
- Strong computer literacy and familiar with MS Office programmes
- Extensive experience of providing quality customer and stakeholder liaison
- IOSH/SMSTS Managing Safety – desirable