Breaking Media Limited, a fast-growing UK publisher with a portfolio of eight football sites including the industry-leading Football Insider, is seeking a talented Video Editor to join its growing team. We are firmly set on a future that is focused on growing audiences and revenue with a digital first entrepreneurial approach.
Suitable candidates will be the following:
- A Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and TikTok expert with experience creating content and managing platforms for a digital media publication or who has gathered extensive freelance video editing experience on football sites after graduating with a high-level journalism degree or NCTJ qualification.
- Applicants must have a passion for football and video, be able to create and manage content to exacting deadlines and have a strong news sense and ability to sell content in an extremely competitive field. We are looking for someone who will thrive in a busy and exciting newsroom and be confident to bring their own ideas to the table.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a newsroom environment
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and independently as well as with reporters and editors across all our sites and platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to writing engaging headlines and sells
- Understand the Football Insider brand, tone and audience
- Thinking creatively and pitching ideas on how to make the most of each story
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok, either as a creator or platform manager
- Knowledge of Facebook Creator Studio, Meta Business Suite and the YouTube Content Management System
- Proficiency in StreamYard, Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects and Adobe Premier Pro
- A solid understanding of social video platforms and formats
- Excellent knowledge of the Premier League (essential), the Football League (important) and Scottish Premiership (desirable).
- A keen analytical mind that can turn data into insights and ideas