This post will help us maximise the commercial potential of the Museum and ensure we always provide excellent visitor services. As a key member of the museum’s Visitor Services team and it being a key customer-facing role, you will be required to:
- Combine retail, café and visitor services skills.
- Work closely with another Visitor Services Assistant, the Retail Manager, be managed by the Visitor Services Manager and supported by a growing team of volunteers.
- Be the first point of contact for all visitors, providing them with detailed information and consistently offering a welcoming, friendly and efficient service.
- Provide excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
- Remain calm under pressure, be able to prioritise jobs, to notice and act on the small details that contribute to our high standards of presentation.
- Have excellent time management skills to ensure that all Front of House tasks are completed efficiently.
- Understand the importance of adhering to data protection legislation by protecting the personal data of our visitors and other staff.
- Be responsible for the efficient and profitable running of the DMAC’s beautiful shop and café.
- Have strong drive for achieving sales targets.
- Approach visitors with confidence and actively sell a wide range of products
- Provide exceptional care to our visitors and selling tickets and products.
- Support the Visitor Service’s team to manage the museum’s café and shop.
- Help manage stock, ensuring ordering is done in a timely fashion.
- Assist the Visitor Services Manager, Learning Manager and Visitor Services Assistants in the delivery of DMAC events, venue hire and group visits.
- Have experience and confidence with Word, Microsoft, Excel, Till and database systems.
Principle tasks and responsibilities